Review: Outrage- Love Under the Sun EP

In this day and age it’s hard for me to find bands with very introverted lyrics but when few come along I make sure to give them a listen. Outrage’s Love Under the Sun EP proves to be a prime example, thriving on a 90’s hardcore backbone much in the vein of Undertow, Unbroken and 108. The music and the vocals seem to collaborate and mix greatly and still make me bang my head to the amount of heaviness that each song has. The vocals are also something to note on going from harsh vocals to the occasional clean much like older 108. I also am a big fan of the lyrics which range from, “I felt my heart fall in love with the lust. Naive to my surroundings I was blinded by the idea of trust. Everyone creates just to destroy. “(Cover the Canvas) to much more Unbroken influenced prose such as, “drown in my love..With love I write. I write the end of you and me. I write the end of everything. I feel nothing i feel nothing I feel weak I fall to my knees” (Riverbed). I also am a big fan of the last two songs, Severed Wings and Open Wounds parts 1-2, which revolves around the theme of this EP which is the struggles of being in love. I would recommend this album for anyone that is a 90’s hardcore buff since these guys definitely pull of the style right.


FFO: Unbroken, Undertow, 108.
Rating: 5/5 (seriously this EP rules)
Favorite songs: Severed Wings and Open Wounds parts 1-2
Support Glory Kid LTD and pre-order the album here: http://glorykid.com

No comments:

Post a Comment