Review: The Love Below/ Homewrecker Split


The Love Below/ Homewrecker split, is the next onslaught release to come out from the powerhouse label that is A389 records. I may be a bit biased since I am a big fan of everything both bands have done so far and have been looking forward to new material from either for a while. I’ll start off with the Love Bellow’s half of the split first, which shows the band heading into a darker and more sludgy sound which fits them well since I feel that these are they heaviest songs that they have put out thus far. Sounding more so like Cursed mixed with Rot in Hell and the previous Love Below efforts these 3 tracks have me wishing that it their LP would come out sooner. Uncomfortable is the stand out track for me in which it shows the band slowing down from their usual fast paced songs while High Friends in Low Places seems to show the band still can crank out 45 seconds of destructive rage. The Homewrecker side of the EP features 2 songs from the band’s Internal Morgue EP which I feel is one of the best EP’s to come out recently. The song Cemetary Man seems as though it could have been written by Integrity at some parts which I love, also the lyrics are something to note such as “I am the ill fated liberator, deliverer of pain”. The song Internal Morgue is one of my favorites from the band for being the heaviest and for featuring Weekend Nachos front man John of whom brings the track to the next level. All in all this split makes me wait for whatever else these bands will put out.

Rating: 10/10 (these tracks are too good)
Favorite Songs: Uncomfortable (Love Below), Cemetary Man (Homewrecker)
Get it Here: http://www.a389records.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1402

No comments:

Post a Comment